Thursday, June 19, 2008

YOGA AS MEDICINE, A Yoga Journal Book By Timothy McCall, M.D. and "things to do now that you're retired"

Few days earlier my nephew gave me this book "YOGA AS MEDICINE, A Yoga Journal Book By Timothy McCall, M.D." and another book "things to do now that you're retired" by Jane Garton.

I am half way through the first book and had glanced through the second book. At this stage I can say that this book will very beneficial to all Yogis as the correct understanding of the principles, the body, the body flow and the mind will go a long way to improve the body, mind and feeling. Thus health will be much improved and may also avoid many unnecessary surgeries.

The book Yoga As Medicine deals with how to overcome pains in joints, backpain, asthma, etc. If such knowledge can be brought to many, many people, then numerous people can benefit. But I think it is not easy as many people have their own beliefs and assumptions and have much tendency to listen to hearsay.

With knowledge and practice, the experience will be very pleasant and money cannot buy.

I will continue to read, re-read, and re-read and practice yoga with meditation and hope to share further in my blog or with friends and those who wish to know too. I must say I am no expert but a continous learner who can only share. Decision will rest with whoever heard the knowledge.

The other book "things to do now that you are retired" give a wide range of things one can do and how it can enlightened our lives....there are the simple things and not so simple but do-able things to do..least of all give inspirations when one is at a stand-still...

No comments: